[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3510)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4396: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3510)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4397: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3510)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4398: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3510)
Trans folk who are DJ's Musicians or Entertainers • The Crossdressing Forum • TV TS CD TG LGBT
Join Our Transgender Support Forum Facebook Group
WELCOME TO THE CROSSDRESSING FORUM FOR TV/TS/CD/MTF/FTM - PLEASE JOIN TODAY AND HELP BUILD THIS COMMUNITY - PLEASE SHARE YOUR CROSSDRESSING STORIES

The Crossdressing Forum - Please Join Our Transgender Community
Change font size   Print view

Trans folk who are DJ's Musicians or Entertainers

If you are a transgendered performer (FTM or MTF), female impersonator, artist, drag act, DJ or dancer etc. then please tell us about yourself - share your talent with others and get yourself some extra exposure.

Moderators: Beth, Val Marks

Trans folk who are DJ's Musicians or Entertainers

Postby Val Marks » Thu May 27, 2010 8:58 am

The place to chat about DJ'ing, Music and Entertainment:
If you are a DJ, a Musician, Entertainer or such like then why not give us a reply about your talents, skills, hopes and dreams and tell others about yourself. Maybe you could even get connected with other Transgender people who would like to book you ? - any how's let us know your passions and talk with like minded people here.
Val Marks is the Owner and Main Administrator of this Forum - Please visit our homepage @
Val Marks
Site Admin

My DJ CV - The DJ-Jules - UK Renowned TS DJ story

Postby Val Marks » Thu May 27, 2010 6:23 pm

I guess as the Founder of this forum and having a prior career as a Professional DJ (My DJ name being - DJ-Jules) I should begin this thread with my DJ CV and history of my DJ adventures Up and Down the United Kingdom and indeed abroad through 15 years.

Well here goes - This is my DJ CV and hopes, aspirations and passion:

I have been DJ'ing now for a little over 15 years and over that time my playing and sharing of my love of dance music has taken me on a big journey through small pub to large club, and warehouse venues up and down the United Kingdom.

My life as a DJ has seen many highs and lows. However, i have now finally found myself and reached my life long goal as a post operative transsexual, having gone through sex change surgery a few years ago, now my life and lifestyle is complete my surgery years has interrupted my DJ career. However, I feel that now is that time to push on and make something more of myself on the DJ scene.

I started this journey through being broke, bored and needing a passion in my life - i sold my Lotus sports car and purchased a good mobile DJ setup and a small vehicle (back in 1993). Going back to the early 1990's I remember promoting myself as a mobile DJ and soon found myself getting bookings for small pub nights in Cambridge (UK), but money was tight and bookings were sparse. However, I found my love of music at this point and haven't looked back - I found music and the love of more progressive music styles such as vocal, progressive, London music and deep house, trance and fresh remixes of commercial dance music.

My DJ journey has included big nights such as - A residency playing at the renowned 'Dot Cotton Club' at The Cambridge Junction and entertaining audiences of 1000+ people, the 'Cambridge Corn Exchange' where I supported a handful of Radio 1 DJ's such as Matt Hardwick, the Northampton 'Road Mender' warehouse club with the 'Dot Cotton' crew as a headlining DJ, also Preston (Lancs.) and Blackpool (BarB and Flamingos) a 2 year residency, and the 'Downtown Nightclub' across the road from Funny Girls.

In addition to larger club and my own promotions of dance events I have traveled widely, throughout the United Kingdom, with my own DJ equipment and played in hotels (Hilton and Holiday Inn), Pubs, Clubs and Halls catering for all types of events such as weddings, parties and birthdays etc. You can say that I have definitely served my DJ apprenticeship having played all over the country and traveled back from venues many times in the early hours with a car full of equipment and fog, rain or snow being my lasting memory of the many great nights and early mornings through 15 years of doing the job I loved.

I am also delighted to have played and performed @ the 'Revenge' Nightclub, Brighton during 2004-2005 where I enjoyed playing music more than ever. It always seemed to me that Brighton had a very well educated music scene and clubbers always appreciated good music and a good DJ night, provided by myself. I have many memories of the days of playing @ 'Revenge' and always talk about the nights that are indeed still so vivid in my memory, I rented a flat with a lovely guy called 'Simon' I believe who was working for 'Revenge' as one of their bar staff and was a Lollipop drag person on a Friday night - how fun is that. However, as I mentioned earlier about my Sex Change, the lead up to this caused me having to cut short my long term DJ plans in Brighton, Regrets a plenty.

It is important to understand that as a DJ, you need a diversity within your music style, as any particular style of music has many faces. However, I would say that my main inspiration for my music style/s has come both from a handful of top DJ's, a few of which to this day remain close friends, and a continual search to bring new mixes of already established classic dance music tracks to deliver a fresh approach and an ever changing and always updated DJ set/s to my audience.

I have always worked extremely hard to ensure my DJ sets are fresh and original, combining upfront tracks, promos, club classics, cheese remixes and Accapellas, along with solid mixing skills and track arrangements.

I will upload some of my club flyers to this post very soon, and also maybe a fresh mix for you to cast your ears open, but until then I thank you for reading my DJ CV.

Email for DJ enquiries and possible bookings: dj-jules@transvestiteclothing.net

(A fresh mix of soulful vibes and uplifting vocals)

Always a DJ @ heart
Val - CEO & Founder of "The Crossdressing Forum"
xxx
Attachments
toptune-brianeno-anendingascent-remix.jpg
Just one of my faourite tunes - rare remix on vinyl of Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent)
toptune-brianeno-anendingascent-remix.jpg (6.73 KiB) Viewed 6578824 times
JJ-FriendsOfDorothy.jpg
Friends of Dorothy Gay Night - Me Headlining and the 'Dot Cotton Crew' supporting the event. This one made many people open their eyes - Chis'G and me played G8 music all night long.
JJ-SoloNight-FF.jpg
My Solos Night DJ Event - I headlined the DJ'ing and was a sell out.
JJ-Transorium-B1.jpg
Me the DJ-Jules @ The Cambridge Corn Exchange - the headliner was Matt Hardwick from Radio 1 - great night and made some life long friends.
JJ-PinkFriday.jpg
My Pink Friday Night ("Dot Cotton" Crew) - DJ-Jules headlining - that's me, well it was my event and sold out on 1st night :)
JJ-DotCotton.jpg
The cambridge Junction ("Dot Cotton" Club Flyer) - Jules on the DJ headline list - that's me :)
Val Marks is the Owner and Main Administrator of this Forum - Please visit our homepage @
Val Marks
Site Admin

Re: Trans folk who are DJ's Musicians or Entertainers

Postby paulaangelmusic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:15 am

I've been doing music since I was close to 5 years old. I've began singing in Christmas Pagaents and even taking the lead on some songs. I was 10 years old when I started to Learn Guitar and Drums. The first songs I've learned was Paul McCartney's 1971 hit 'Another Day' and 1977's 'Mull Of Kintyre'. I basically wanted to be a bassist like my hero Paul McCartney. I began playing bass during 1997 around the same time I began to persue songwriting. Today I've written close to 200 songs under 4 Publishing Companies that I've established throughout the years.

In High School, I joined my first band called 'Detour' which did covers of The Cranberries, Nirvana, Sublime and others. I played Rhythm Fender Telecaster and Fender Bass as well as backing vocals. I also would play the drums on some songs. When I realized my friends were doing drugs in the band, I quit. I joined my second band shortly after quiting called 'Space Monkey Mafia' we played pop stuff that I like such as Bryan Adams, Stevie Wonder and other modern/soft rock songs. I played all instruments and sang lead vocals. In 2001, I began to learn piano using a piano that was in a storage closet at the local boys and girls club.

In 2002, I began to start recording songs for the unreleased Autumn Goodbye album. It was shelved so that I can learned some of the songs more thouroughly, also to find a recording studio that actually had great recording equipment. In 2004, production began for the then titled Mood Ring album. In 2005, it was then retitled and became two separate albums, Angel and Saturday Morning Around The Pool. Angel is basically an Euro-Pop/Dance/Electronica which resembles songs from band such as Kylie Minogue, Pet Shop Boys, Roxy Music, and other favorite British/Australian bands that I adore. Saturday Morning Around The Pool is known as the laidback album, which consist of Lounge/Acoustic Pop/Jazz/Folk songs which resembles bands like Mindi Abair, Katie Melua, 10,000 Maniacs and Colbie Caillat mixed with the last two Emma Bunton songs. Production will end this summer and both albums will be released in September 2010. Next month, production will begin on the third album Return To Me which is a mixture of Newly written songs, old songs that were written and outtakes of the previous two albums.

For examples, go to www.myspace.com/paulroxyangel

A new site will be made during September.

In August, the long-awaited production of the alter-ego project Cherry Cordi will begin. An album will be issued in October/November titled Sex Vixen which is a mixture of both Peaches, Le Tigre and Dragonette.

MusicGear:
Guitars:
Cort Acoustic Guitar with Martin Acoustic Strings
Fender 1962 Reissue Telecaster with Fender Bullets Strings
Daisy Rock Stardust Elite Venus with D'Addario Strings
Classical Guitar with Martin Classical Strings

Basses:
Fender Customized Jazz Bass with GHS Bassboomers Strings
Kona 5-String Bass
Hofner Violin Bass

Keyboards:
Yamaha EZ-250i
Korg LE Workstation
Welcome to our Crossdressing Forum ©2010 - Become a Valued Member of this Community Today - Join Free !!!

paulaangelmusic

Return to Transgender Performers - Artists - DJ's

REGISTERED USERS PHOTOS/PICS:

CLICK TO VIEW THE LATEST FORUM UPDATES - NEW FEATURES AND ADMIN NOTICES